[buug] mail threading [Was: Iceweasel / Firefox]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Oct 2 11:57:25 PDT 2009

Quoting Zeke Krahlin (pewterbot9 at gmail.com):

> My "software" is webmail...specifically, gmail.

Well, here's the thing:  Although I'd personally have not mentioned the
matter, it's indeed a fact that your postings do sometimes display that
annoying habit.  One of the many reasons I use open source software on
my own machine is so I can avoid having to say "Sorry, I can't fix that;
it's the fault of [software foo] over which I have no control."

> Looking at the BUUG archives, my messages seem to be threaded
> correctly.

Sometimes, your postings start new threads when they should not.  This
is observable in any standards-compliant MUA.