[buug] mail threading

Pewter Bot pewterbot9 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 11:53:24 PDT 2009

On 10/3/09, Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:

> I remember I've tried to use digest mode with some lists in the past
> but I gave up on that precisely for this reason.  Do you have a strong
> preference for the digest way?

Of course! I don't care to have my mailbox flooded with email just
because I am subscribed to several mailing lists. I've been using the
digest mode for every list I belong to, for over 20 years.
AFAIK, this is why digest mode exists, and I see no real need to
defend my use of it.

The only complaints I ever got with my posting method was (ironically)
that I kept trimming my quotes (I did not comply). Actually, such
complaints only happend twice, several years ago.

Otherwise, I haven't had any disgruntled remarks about my list
posting, from digest mode. Not a one, in all ol 25 years. Till now.