[buug] mail threading

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sat Oct 3 12:24:07 PDT 2009

Pewter Bot:
> I use the digest mode, so can't always use "reply to" any individual
> message...I have to recreate my message and use "send". Not everyone
> who responds to another's email sends a copy to the individual, just
> the list.

Wait, WHAT?  Okay now I know you're trolling us.  Is there *really* a
good reason in 2009 to subscribe to ANY list in digest mode?  I thought
it was just a horrible hack from the days of UUCP and non-threaded
mailers.

And um, shouldn't gmail actually automatically stitch all this together
into a single "conversation" or some other tedious UI wart for you?  I
thought the point was that you'd *search* for "buug" instead of actually
sorting into a folder.

If people on gmail are resorting to *DIGEST* mode, then wow it's more
broken than I imagined!

--
"There should be a homonym exam before people are
issued keyboards."     -- George Moffitt