[buug] El Blog del Narco

John Withers grayarea at reddagger.org
Tue Aug 17 15:22:00 PDT 2010

> Thanks to all the brilliant Unix wizards such as yourself (whether or
> not sometimes seeming way too full of themselves to the point of
> driving away potential future OSS/anti-M$ advocates).

Actually, Zeke, at least in one case, it is you driving people away.
Your thinly veiled political rants aren't what I have the bandwidth or
time for in a technical forum. And the funny part is that I am pretty
sure we share most of our political world view and I actually agree with
you. But this is a technical users group and in that capacity the signal
to noise ratio has gotten too high for me. You initial post that started
this thread said nothing at all that any tech doesn't already know, and
was a thinly veiled political rant you were foisting off on us, probably
for our own "good" as well as to get attention, and has degenerated into
a ton of noise.

I have been signed up here for the last 9 years, but now I am off.

Be well all.

-j