[buug] El Blog del Narco

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 17 17:25:11 PDT 2010

Quoting Zeke Krahlin (ezekielk at goct.net):

> Wrong on all counts; I don't need to defend myself whenever someone
> gets a hissy fit. Suffice it to say this is *not* just a technical
> list.  (Mr. Moen even *affirmed* this point in a recent, previous
> thread.)

Please don't use my name to mislead other people.  Especially when
you're trying to invoke one of your own cheesy misdirection ploys, this
having been in a thread in March.  Quotations that follow are verbatim:

Zeke:  I also question your conclusion that the ideological clash
between FS and OSS is trivial at this point.

Rick:  That is _not_ what I said.  In fact, I said nothing at all about
'ideological clash', which is your obsession, not mine.

Zeke:  You are  being at least as ideological as I am.  Stop pretending.

Rick:  Fascinating, sir!  Please do tell us about my ideology, to
whatever level of detail you can manage:  I cannot recall having spoken
to the subject with you, here or anywhere else.  I'm quite sure I would
have remembered.

[Zeke completely ignores the question, my point having been made.]

[Someone else objects to Zeke gratuitously attempting to abuse the BUUG
mailing list as a place to inject his leftist politics.]

Zeke:  I'm surprised Rick even posted his original remark to this list,
as it seems to be one for discussing technical matters and meeting
announcements...not political issues, or rants.

Rick:  Discussion of open source, free software, the OSI, the Free
Software Foundation, and Richard M. Stallman might indeed be off-topic.
Novel concept, but possible.  But I don't think I'm going to ask how
your posting either of your recent blog links complies with your own
criteria.  ;->

It's a good thing that I didn't ask, because you had no answer.  And, of
course, my point was to politely call bullshit on the blatant hypocrisy
of defending gratuitous political rants on BUUG by labelling discussion
of open source, free software, the OSI, the Free Software Foundation,
and Richard M. Stallman "off-topic", and _especially_ of my debunking
on BUUG the blog link that _you_ posted here, sir.

Your now attempting to cite said bullshit-calling as _supporting_ your
continued attempt to spew political advocacy here is, if anything, even
more cheeky.