[buug] Linux CDs at BUUG

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:56:37 PDT 2010

I am happy to help. Thank you Michael for helping produce discs that we can
give out to those who need them.

There is no substite for face to face user groups but IRC is a great
resource once one sets their expectations to match how IRC works. The Ubuntu
community and Canonical staff use it heavily, allowing and encouraging
interested folks to participate.

Our state wide team (Local Community, aka LoCo) primarily uses our mail list
and irc.us.freenode.net in the channel #ubuntu-california with IRC meetings
every other Sunday night at 7 PM. While I am not always looking at my screen
I check activity roughly daily and will see if people decide to drop by and
say hello. There are often people around to chat with, and if not there then
certainly one of the hundreds of people online 24x7 in #ubuntu might have
something relevant to say about particular problems you might have.

I would be happy to answer any questions. I will be at the buug meeting
tomorrow.

Cheers,

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam