[buug] bookmarks

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 10 11:20:11 PST 2010

Quoting Ian Zimmerman (itz at buug.org):

> I am sorry to report that this experiment has so far been an utter and
> dismal failure.

Just as a follow-up, the list of social-networking bookmark Web apps
at the bottom of http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/winolj.html was just
what I'd heard were open-source codebases in some way analous to Del.icio.us
at the time I wrote the essay, quite a few years ago.  Almost zero
research went into that list.  Just checking http://freshmeat.net/ for
search text "bookmarks" finds many pages of other possibilities.

Naturally, some will prove unsuitable to particular individuals' needs,
some are for the wrong OS, and some will turn out to be excessively
buggy, unfinished PHP projects.  However, at least they can be
investigated by motivated parties.