[buug] Fwd: Pearson Education User Group Program Newsletters -- January/February/March 2010

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 18 00:17:48 PDT 2010

Well, ... they switched from sending (non-default, specifically set by
option) plain text to HTML again ... and effectively not including plain
text.  Sure, they use
section is blank, and the HTML version they include is designed to track
individual subscriber/referral clicks, etc. on essentially every URL.
It's also far too easy to take those URLs and know how to construct
change preferences / unsubscribe URL from them.  Well, actually looks
like they changed preference setting on me again, back to HTML ... I've
set it back to Text again ... so maybe next time they'll actually sent
plain text and not so quickly revert it to HTML again.  Anyway, in the
meantime I found HTML versions online:
http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/imprint_downloads/informit/usergroups/InformIT_UG
Newsletter_Jan10.html
http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/imprint_downloads/informit/usergroups/InformIT_UG