[buug] Berkeley Unix User's Group

Johan Beisser jb at caustic.org
Thu Jun 9 18:03:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Karen Hogoboom <khogoboom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am just attempting to defend my good name.  I'm sorry that you decided to
> start a flame war about it.
>
> I would prefer to attend polite user group meetings and be on polite email
> lists where women are not dissed without people looking into those women's
> credentials first.
>
> Just because a woman is over 40 is no reason to start abusing her in public.

Would you please explain two things for me:

1 - where was anyone outright rude to you due to your sex?
2 - when did anyone in this thread abuse you (either for being over
40, or for being female).

So far I've seen nothing but polite insistence of research, with
pointers to where you can get more information.

I guess it's actually three questions.

3 - what broken MIT stuff?