[buug] login [not] a daemon? ... & CDs

Karen Hogoboom khogoboom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 06:30:13 PST 2011

The machine gets power.  Memories of gears turn.  Eventually the bios starts
(on my Dell).  The kernel gets invoked.  In system memory, input from the
console gets put into a system buffer.  It overflows or the code is good.
Eventually rc.d gets read?  Then there's an exec?

Thank you Ian and Michael for the clarification up to this point.

I still don't see why a base install of BSD decided I wanted to use PAM.

Karen