[buug] GUI wrapper for CLI programs?

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Fri May 20 12:23:06 PDT 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011 11:51:43 -0500
Claude Rubinson <cjr at grundrisse.org> wrote:

Ian> Python/Tk ?

Claude> I realize that I can write it myself but I'm thinking that maybe
Claude> somebody else has already done the heavy lifting.  There are a
Claude> bunch of tools for writing "quick and easy" GUI frontends to
Claude> commandline programs; what I haven't yet found is one that also
Claude> embeds a command prompt.  (So maybe what I'm proposing is a
Claude> wrapper around a terminal program.)

Maybe if you post pointers to the tools you've seen, we could suggest a
way to add a prompt to one of them.  I myself do not know any such
tools.

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD