[buug] Berkeley Unix User's Group

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 26 19:21:56 PDT 2011

Quoting Karen Hogoboom (khogoboom at gmail.com):

> I then attended a few Linux user group meetings.  Interesting, however,
> similar stupid stuff.

Try:
CRUX
Arch
Slackware

Start at http://distrowatch.com/ to find information.

Stupidity's where you find it, but the above are generally considered to
be tailored particularly for experienced Unix folk, and have far less
cruft and greater structural elegance (in the view of many) than
average.

If by 'broken MIT stuff' you mean implementations of X11, there really
aren't any generally accepted alternatives.  The only other major pieces
of MIT software I can think of that are in commodity Linux distributions
are (the leading implementation of) Kerberos and (arguably) emacs.