[buug] atx?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 31 17:08:37 PDT 2011

Quoting Henricus J. Holtman (clfest at clfest.org):

> Anybody got a spare atx power supply that they can spare for
> a few days?  I'm trying to isolate a problem with my computer.
> I think it doesn't have to be out of the case.  My (possibly bad)
> one is rated 250W.  I go to buug meetings regularly.

Funny coincidence:  My spare ATX power supply was burned out by someone
(not you) who was trying to isolate a problem with his computer.  True
story!

We inferred from the particular pattern of destruction that that must be
a particularly horrific short-circuit on that motherboard.  It only cost
two ATX power supplies to confirm that (including mine).