[buug] Move the list?

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 26 15:15:20 PDT 2012

Sounds good to me :-) - I was guestimating that between Aaron Porter,
Rick Moen, and myself (and possibly other(s)), we could come up with
a suitably good solution.

Maybe (hopefully) we can also do wee bit of work on publicly archived
web access on the list, and suitable 301 redirect(s), etc., so the
list archive material will continue to be quite findable (and relatively
nice transference of search engine "link juice" and all that),
and likewise preserve (most) user settings, etc.

Suggestion - perhaps do a subdomain (list.buug.org or lists.buug.org),
so that once the list is moved, if/when ever we might need or want to
move it again in future, it would be relatively easy to do so ...
and probably then use a list address of buug@ said subdomain.

And thanks too, to everyone who's worked on and supported this, currently
does so, and/or will be doing so in future!

references/excerpts: