[buug] GNU make unexpected behavior - any experts here?

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 30 13:35:53 PST 2013

no promises, but ...
details, details ;-) ...
minimal case reproducing the (presumed) bug or unexpected behavior?
version & source (compiled from GNU or distribution's packaging)?
What bit in the documentation does the behavior not match as expected?
Does GNU already have a "bug" filed on it (or it reported on applicable
list, if/where proper bug tracking system doesn't exist)?
And sometimes the bug "fix" is to match the documentation to the
behavior.  8-O

You know the drill ;-)
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

Happy bug hunting!