[buug] No trust path to Linux Mint

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Nov 8 01:37:07 PST 2014

No trust path to Linux Mint
One of the things from this past Thursday's meeting, someone mentioned
interest in Linux Mint.  I still find no trust path to Mint,
specifically any of the ISO images.  I mentioned this earlier to Mint
Linux on their release blog comments, and thus far I still don't see a
satisfactory answer to that shortcoming.  Situation appears still quite
the same for Linux Mint.  I thus find it hard to take such a
distribution all that seriously if they can't be bothered to sign or
provide other secure means of authenticating their ISO images.

references/excerpts:
Michael Paoli Says:
May 19th, 2013 at 1:18 am
Where/how does one find trusted path to the ISO image?
I'm not easily finding any GPG/GnuPG/PGP signature(s) for the ISO file
or for secure hashes of the ISO file,
nor am I finding https/SSL/TLS CA certified path to linuxmint.com
release page giving claimed secure hash(es) of the ISO.

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2361#comment-93804