[buug] Fwd: LISA14 Early Bird Deadlines Extended to Friday

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 22 18:16:08 PDT 2014

FYI,

LISA is a great event to go to if one can, and the Early Bird Deadlines
have been extended.  LISA14 is in Seattle this year (it's typically on
the West Coast about every other year).  In terms of bang for the buck,
I think LISA is likely the best such conference/training among those
commonly available that a systems administrator/engineer/operator,
security administrator, or network administrator can typically go to.

USENIX and LISA are also great organization and SIG to belong to, and
put out a lot of great materials, including much of it for free! (e.g.
older issues of their ;login: publication, conference proceedings and
videos, etc.).

https://www.usenix.org/
https://www.usenix.org/lisa

references/excerpts (slightly redacted):

----- Forwarded message from julie.miller at usenix.org -----