[buug] Git: "trying simple merge"

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Tue Apr 26 16:51:34 PDT 2016

I have written a longish script with many git commands in it; I would
like it to run silently unless there's a problem.  By adding -q options
to every command and adding various bits in .git/config, I've now
succeeded in silencing all output _except_ the above message from git
merge.  Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

I don't want to just redirect stdout/stderr because that could mask a
real problem like a merge conflict.