[buug] Free beer, functional, non-Google webmail ... https://protonmail.com/ ?

Ian Zimmerman itz at primate.net
Fri Aug 26 11:57:05 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-22 21:32, Michael Paoli wrote:

> https://protonmail.com/

Right, that is almost the same thing as tutanota, but maybe better done
(still some connection to www, and not a pure "app" using http as a
transport).  I'll keep it as Plan C :-).  But meanwhile, I set up a
whitelist on primate.net and I put whitelisted mail I get there into the
IMAP box, then reading it on my mobile with k9mail.  I'll see how
reliable k9mail is this time.

Also it's unclear if the advantage in security will last:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-attacks-france-germany-idUSKCN10Y174