[buug] Looking for usable VoIP

Mark Lu excelblue at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:08:56 PST 2016

It sounds like what you want is some sort of “SIP origination” service since SIP is basically the standard VoIP protocol. There are several providers out there, many with very competitive rates. If you’re unhappy with any one, all you have to do is port your number and give your new provider your SIP address.

It’s been a while since I’ve last done a VoIP setup, so I don’t recall which providers I used. However, I do know that Twilio provides SIP origination and termination.