[buug] UbuntuStudio flavor status in jeopardy

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 6 15:37:04 PST 2019

> UbuntuStudio flavor status in jeopardy
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-devel/2019-March/009093.html
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/attachments/20190306/b8ee0e16/attachment.html
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2019-March/002945.html
>
> Hey, there's Debian Multimedia (a Debian Pure Blend)
> https://www.debian.org/blends/
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Look to me like the official status of Ubuntu Studio isn't in _much_
jeopardy.  My reading of the situation is that there was a severe
process faiure for several years in which the Ubuntu Developer
Membership Board failed to act on the request for Contributor upload
rights for developers Erich Eickmeyer and Ross Gammon, so Eickmeyer
escalated to Ubuntu Developer Steve Langasek, who cracked the whip and
directed the Developer Membership Board to expedite Per-Package Uploader
rights for Eickmeyer and Gammon concerning the packages in question.
I'm betting that's going to happen quickly and let the Ubuntu Studio
flavour make deadlines for the April release, if barely.

Nothing against Debian Multimedia, of course (or LibreELEC, AV Linux,
Audiophile Linux, OpenELEC, KXStudio, RasPlex, or GeeXboX).