[buug] weak.org mailing list memberships reminder (fwd)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 1 09:29:26 PDT 2000

begin  Nicolai Rosen quotation:

> Uh, why?

It's a Mailman default notice, sent out monthly.  The list-owner can
disable it for all users on a per-list basis, if he wishes.  (I don't
run this list, but am familiar with Mailman.)

> I don't appreciate having passwords (especially my passwords) e-mailed
> to me in plain text monthly.

You mean some HAX0R D00D could put you in digest mode, enable MIME
headers, put you in vacation mode, or make you get acknowledgement
notices when you post?  Oooh, how scary.

If you've used for Mailman list options a password you also use in more
meaningful situations, well, as the old joke says, Don't Do That, Then.

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."