[buug] FreeBSD vs. Linux

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at weak.org
Fri Aug 25 21:26:48 PDT 2000

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Rick Moen wrote:

> That's been on-line for a long time.

Leave it to a raw newbie like me, to find outdated reviews. It's ALL new
to me, when it comes to BSD!

> There are good parts in it, but
> it's of limited current value because most of it's too dated.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification re. present situation of "BSD vs.
Linux". The features in which BSD shine are irrelevant to my own needs.
And I *am into this for the adventure, so I appreciate the savage Linux
frontier.

> The other differences tend to be strictly matters of personal taste.

Something which I tend to lack, anyway.   :)

---
"Zeke Krahlin" <ezekielk at weak.org>
Linux: the people's OS.
A billion communists can't be wrong!