[buug] Re: Check out our Resources page

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 26 15:22:48 PST 2000

Quoting Zeke Krahlin (ezekielk at iname.com):

> Gee, that's great! Permission to link you from our home page as
> "Calendar"?

Of course!

> Well, we can't have that...our intention is to *network, not +conflict!
> Thanks for the alert, Rick. Looks like BAFUG meets every other Thursday?

http://linuxmafia.com/bale/  links to
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/#bafugberk , which links to
http://www.bafug.org/ , which links to
http://www.bafug.org/bafug_about.html

...where one learns that the Berkeley meetings are on 4th Thursdays,
7:30 PM.

Of course, if you trust my BALE page, you can stop at Step 2, because
the info is there, too.  ;->

(Notice that a similar chain of links from http://linuxmafia.com/bale/
takes you to BUUG's pages.)

> As long as our group remains free or very low cost to maintain, we
> will be able to afford weekly meetings regardless of how few or how
> many show up.

As I was saying, the main thing to be careful of is to _always_ visibly
be there at your advertised events.  That is, have somebody reliably there,
early, to make sure people see a BUUG table when they drop in.
Seriously, when people hear on the Net about a previously unfamiliar
group's event, they'll show up once to see if it's real.  If nobody's
there, they typically will have a hard time believing the group still
exists, for future events.

--
Cheers,                             "Ceterum censeo Linux propaganda est."
Rick Moen                                        -- Seth David Schoen
rick at linuxmafia.com