[buug] Partition Sharing

Zeke Krahlin zk_lists at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 00:01:10 PDT 2000

--- Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> I believe there are "mount" options to set the owning user/group and
> rights mask of partitions like vfat that don't actually have that
> information in them.  Like this, from the mount(8) manpage:

Okay, I will study this matter. I *knew there had to be a way, since as
root, there was no problem loading and editing text files directly from
and to vfat.

While I think I'll settle with Nicolai's idea of using a cross-platform
file viewer/copier, I still want to learn how to use "mount" to accomplish
write-access to vfat, as a user. Thanx, Rick.

=====
In our geekness, let us schmooze!
http://www.weak.org/buug
=====