[buug] Mouse problem in Linux

ezekielk at iname.com ezekielk at iname.com
Fri Jun 9 02:58:35 PDT 2000

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000, Rick Moen wrote:
> You know, you can do that using apt-get, the
> Debian utility.  You may want to add a few
> additional lines in /etc/apt/sources.list .
> If you're interested, I'll suggest a few.

Well whaddya know, I reinstalled Corel Linux, and I got it working great...which is what I had hoped, since it *is Debian. I will soon install it to my main partition, and remove it from my "work space" partition. The package selections are VERY user-friendly, with drop-down lists of each sub-package, and accompanying 1-line description of each package. This is a very neat way of installing Debian while bypassing its notoriously nasty "deselect". You might want to have a look-see at this Corel-Debian distro.

While a lot of stuff is installed, it doesn't all show up on the menu. But if you select "custom' install, there you will find Midnight Commander and lots of other nifty tools.

And I see the "/etc/apt/sources.list" you are talking about:

---begin "sources.list":

# Use for a local mirror - remove the ftp1 http lines for the bits
# your mirror contains.
# deb file:/your/mirror/here/debian stable main contrib non-free
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especial
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
deb file:/mnt/amnt/cdrom1 corellinux-1.0 main contrib non-free corel
deb ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/linux/CorelLinux corellinux-1.0 main contrib non-free corel
#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian slink main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US slink non-US

---end of "sources.list"

---