[buug] Inexpensive DSL

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 12 13:14:00 PDT 2000

begin  Jon McClintock quotation:

> http://www.winfire.com/support/get_article.asp?Article=23
>

>              Winfire is currently only available on the Windows
>              9X, 2000, and NT operating systems. We
>              will save your registration information and
>              contact you as other platforms are supported.

More often than not, assertions like this are fundamentally mistaken,
e.g., confusing "Winfire" the aDSL service with the inevitable flashy
"Winfire" software bundle best used to level furniture.

But, seriously, who would want a business relationship with such a flaky
outfit?  If you can't afford a real provider, get a job.  Life's too
short to nickle-and-dime yourself into dealing with such outfits.

Look, guys, the bandwidth elves are a myth:  It costs money.

--
Cheers,                   "Look at Rick:  He has Whitfield Diffie's key
Rick Moen                  and John Gilmore's brain."