[buug] TonStanco is at it again...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 26 10:58:21 PDT 2000

begin  Feedlebom quotation:

> Question for Rick: Have you, or anybody else, noticed that Mr. Stanco
> is such a vehemant proponent of Open Source (to the extent that he
> wants _ALL_ software to be inherently open through legislative changes
> to copyright law)... and uses AOL, perhaps the epitome of closed
> source?  Has anybody called him on this?

I notice that you now have.

It's a bit difficult to bring up people's reliance on AOL without
appearing to be making fun of the handicapped.  When Stanco first
showed up and started behaving in a notably clueless way, it _was_
tempting to mention that, but it seemed wiser to stick to the issues.

Of course, in the end I decided not to engage him on the issues, either,
because he seemed in need of more fundamental education than I felt I
could manage while remaining polite.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm