[buug] The BUUG list archiver is broken

Jon McClintock jammer at weak.org
Sat Jul 14 11:09:09 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 11:11:38PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> If you go to http://www.weak.org/pipermail/buug/ , no posts have been
> archived since 2001-01-28, either in HTML or ASCII forms.

Which is roughly the date I moved weak.org from the old NetBSD system to
the new Linux system.

Mailman stores the location of the list archives in each list's configuration
file. Which is in Berkeley DB format. Don't even think you can get away
with just editing the .db file and changing the list archive location.

Nope. Not nearly that easy. After several minutes of searching, I found this
little script in the mailman-users mailing list:

---
#!/bin/sh

newroot='/var/lib/mailman'

for list in `ls $newroot/lists`
do
python -i $newroot/bin/withlist -l $list <<EOF
m.private_archive_file_dir
m.private_archive_file_dir='$newroot/archives/private/$list.mbox'
m.public_archive_file_dir
m.public_archive_file_dir='$newroot/archives/public'
m.archive_directory
m.archive_directory='$newroot/archives/private/$list'
m.Save()
EOF
done
---

> (Hmm.  I also somehow missed the change in meeting schedule from every
> Thursday to 1st and 3rd Thursdays only.  It might have been posted to
> this list, but I can't check that in the archives.  ;->  )

Heh.

-Jon