[buug] Death^H^H^Hskstar replacement

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 8 12:09:15 PDT 2002

Quoting Jon McClintock (jammer at weak.org):

> I see on pricewatch that the 60 GB Deskstar 60GXP can be had for ~$99;
> do they have as infamous a reputation for failure as the 75GXPs?

'Far as I can tell, the 75GXP series is one the very rare instances of
IBM's storage division releasing a lemon, and I think you'd be well
advised to... yes... get another Deskstar.

Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

--
Cheers,   "Why is the alphabet in that order?  Is it because of that song?"
Rick Moen                                              -- Steven Wright
rick at linuxmafia.com