[buug] `stty 0`

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Thu Aug 1 14:03:29 PDT 2002

>>    Special settings:
>> 	  N      set the input and output speeds to N bauds

itz> but not 0 explicitly.  I think I will have to try it to see if it
itz> really works :)

interesting..

kronstadt:~$ stty
speed 38400 baud; line = 80;
kronstadt:~$ stty 0
stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
kronstadt:~$ stty
speed 0 baud; line = 80;
kronstadt:~$

the same result on xterm and a virtual terminal.  It looks like
cfsetospeed tries to set the speed to 0 _and_ twiddle the modem lines,
and the VT/pty driver's failure to do the latter is what the error
message refers to.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087