[buug] keysigning?

Jeremy Brand, B.S. jeremy at nirvani.net
Fri Aug 16 15:58:35 PDT 2002

Howdy all,

Does this mean that people not able to physically exchange keys at the
meeting will be left out of these discussions because posts to this list
will only be encrypted to those who's keys were physically available at
some point ?

If limiting voice is of concern, a _first_ step should be a list of only
approved email addresses, don't you think?

Don't get me wrong, I think all email should be encrypted! - but is this a
practicle idea?  Besides, if we were to do that, I don't nessesarily have
a windowless office (to prevent evsdropping while I type my password), and
a hardened steel safe (at least) to store my private key in - not to
mention that it would be a pain in the butt if I did have a safe at home,
and I wanted to get my private key out from work...  (let's not even go
there...) ;)

Just a nit pick - how does verifying ones physical ID, like a drivers
license have anything to do with a trusted public key?  If a drivers
license were all it took, would you feel safe sending something private to
the average drivers license holder?

For the record, I passed my drivers license test today, no joke! (so, feel
free to trust me!)  ;)

Jeremy

Thus spake Ian Zimmerman: