[buug] keysigning?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 16 16:12:38 PDT 2002

Quoting Jeremy Brand, B.S. (jeremy at nirvani.net):

> Does this mean that people not able to physically exchange keys at the
> meeting will be left out of these discussions because posts to this list
> will only be encrypted to those who's keys were physically available at
> some point ?

What a truly astonishing question!  I've just re-read Ian's post, and
fail to find that anywhere therein.

> Just a nit pick - how does verifying ones physical ID, like a drivers
> license have anything to do with a trusted public key?

I think you need to do some reading on what is and is not meant by the
word "trust" in the GPG context.

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window