[buug] System.map problems with 2.4.19

Mark Hedges hedges at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 27 18:48:15 PDT 2002

Yes, yes, I rebooted.  I'm on Debian.

I think I figured out what the problem was.  I had previously
configured advanced partition selection under the file systems
menu, and selected the msdos bios partition types, and then
deselected advanced partition selections without first
deselecting the msdos bios partition type.  That option was
still set to Y in .config, although none of the requisites were,
so System.map figured it should be there, but it wasn't.  Or
something... anyway after fixing that, and compiling the dummy
net driver into the kernel instead of as a module, I remade the
kernel and it works now without the warning.

--mark--