[buug] Whats a good MTA?

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Tue Dec 10 22:18:18 PST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Matt Bockman wrote:

> well, I just have like.. 3 accounts. ONe for me, one for my junk mail,
> and one for my friend. I don't need anything of great power, really. But
> I would like to have a sort of hotmailish thing going on, where I could
> check my mail from my site. Anyway, latez all...

for web mail, the MTA should be irrelevant.

you may want to set up an https server, with something like squirrelmail.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/

a few webmail clients need to have imap servers they can contact. running
imapd through localhost will work fine.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan at caustic.org
	"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for
	  my sham friends." -- Tom Waits