[buug] tetex-LaTeX: Using New Century Schoolbook font

Joseph Zitt jzitt at metatronpress.com
Fri Dec 13 09:47:45 PST 2002

Hi. I found out from someone offline that I had been missing three
essential RPMs: tetex-afm, tetex-dvilj, and tetex-dvips. Once I
installed them, it's worked pretty well. I have indeed checked out
comp.text.tex, and asked a few more questions there.

Doing this project in LaTeX is a breeze -- assuming that one's concept
of "a breeze" includes juggling LaTeX, Perl scripts, and emacs.
Fortunately, I'm the right kind of masochist for the job :-)

On 12 Dec 2002 20:13:06 -0800
Ian Zimmerman <itz at speakeasy.org> wrote:

> An obvious difference is in our version of LaTeX and Web2C.
> Interestingly, you have a newer LaTeX but I have a later Web2C!  Did
> you perhaps download a LaTeX format on your own?

I don't recall having downloaded Web2C, so I suspect that it came along
with the tetex included with Redhat 7.3.

--
| jzitt at josephzitt.com                      http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| GPG: A4224EFA                         http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |