[buug] ethernet config problems

Jerry Cheung jrcow97 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 17:12:58 PDT 2002

Hi everyone,
    I recently installed a Slackware 8.0 on some old
hardware I found, and one problem I have is with the
ethernet card.  It is a 1992 3Com 3c509-TPO ISA card.
I don't know too much about hardware, so when I tried
to look it all up, it gave me some headaches.  I think
the card is PnP(not sure), and I learned Linux is not
PnP aware, and the way to go around that is to use
isapnptools.  I need some instructions about how to
get the card detected at boot and usable.

Thanks in advance! :)
Jerry