[buug] I installed Apache... but

Nick Jennings nkj at namodn.com
Thu Nov 28 12:12:38 PST 2002

Hi Matt,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:51:05AM -0800, Matt Bockman wrote:
> How do I get apache to work? I went to /usr/ports/www/apache13 and did:
>
> make
> make install

 That should do it... Though I preffer Apache2 myself. :)

> how do I proceed to running a web server from here? I also need to have
> php/mysql, perl, and parsing...like...SSI.

 To get apache to start during system boot, go to /usr/local/etc/rc.d and
 make sure the apache.sh is executable (it might be something like,
 apache.sh.example in which case you'd want to move it to apache.sh and
 chmod +x apache.sh)

 Like John mention, apachectl is your friend. Whenever you modify the Apache
 config files, you will want to run apachectl configtest (i think) and it
 will let you know if the config it all OK. (it should catch most cases).

 Perl should be ready to go, PHP I don't know.

 As to SSI, what do you mean??

- Nick