[buug] Gentoo, Bluecurve and Linux too!

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Fri Oct 18 08:42:47 PDT 2002

hi fellow good buug people,

I'm thinking about picking up a new PC soon and think I might switch from
my normal FreeBSD self to Linux, since Linux on the desktop is looking
more appealing than it did 18 months ago.

Two Linux questions:

1.  Has anyone taken Gentoo Linux for a spin?  I know a lot of people on
this list are big Debian fans, but Gentoo looks appealing as well.

2.  Anyone tried RH 8.0 and Bluecurve?  I probably won't go with Red Hat
since I am not a fan of the RPM system, but I am interested in hearing
people's opinions.

brian