[buug] Convert Linux Gateway to OpenBSD

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Fri Oct 25 17:29:00 PDT 2002

OK, all good so far.

Now, I have had a severe attack of the 'dumbass' today...
If you don't mind, it would help me immensely if you would walk me
through the steps to get my new machines to the point you mention when
talking about installing snapshots to stay secure.

When I look at ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/i386, all I see are
*32.tgz files.
Should I start by installing those?

Then what, and how, to stay secure?  Just patch manually or do a
complete reinstall of the newest snapshot?
Seems to me like all that reinstalling and reconfiguring would be a pain
in the ass.

Also, nobody every commented on my original plan to try and develop a
means to do a scripted install of the OS and config files.  Is this
possible in BSD?...it is in Linux.