[buug] Blade servers

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Thu Aug 7 16:09:56 PDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Bill Honeycutt wrote:

> Has anyone formed an attachment to a particular class/brand/make/model
> of blade server?

assuming blade server means "1u", i've been very partial to supermicro
(http://supermicro.com).

> It seems foolish to continually configure standalone machines for
> similar tasks.

that's what jumpstart/pxe/autoinstalls are for.

	The other day I asked former Yankees pitcher Jim Bouton
        what he thought of our great victory over Iraq, and he
        said, "Mohammed Ali versus Mr. Rogers."
		-- kurt vonnegut, 5.9.03