[buug] Tracking down lockups?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at email.arizona.edu
Sat Dec 20 19:49:35 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:22:00AM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> Claude> Hi all, My notebook's started experiencing "seemingly" random
> Claude> lockups where, every so often, X (keyboard and mouse) will
> Claude> freeze for a few seconds.
>
> I bet it's gpm.  Try disabling it and reconfiguring X accordingly
> (ie. switch to the real mouse device instead of /dev/gpminfo or whatever
> the repeater pipe is).

Well, after a few days of running without gpm, it looks like you're
correct.  (Which is a pain in the butt because it was the patched
version of gpm that was permitting me to enable both the trackpoint
and the trackpad simultaneously.  Ahh well, having a profusion of
pointing devices available would have just spoiled me anyway...)

Thanks.

Claude