[buug] searching man pages w/i emacs (gnu/emacs os, redhat platform)

Jerry Asher jerry-sourceforge at theashergroup.com
Wed Feb 12 17:43:24 PST 2003

I use the gnu/emacs operating system, if you know what I mean.

At some point in the past few years, the implementation of this OS on the
Red Hat or Linux platform changed.  I think.

Man pages displayed in an emacs window (m-x man rm) became displayed with
bizarro characters.  Characters that are *bold*.  Characters that I can't
search for.

This bugs the hell out of me.

I want to search for a switch option, but I can't because the damned
hyphen is bolded.

How can I search my man pages in emacs?

Thanks,

Jerry