[buug] searching man pages w/i emacs (gnu/emacs os, redhat platform)

Jerry Asher jerry-sourceforge at theashergroup.com
Wed Feb 12 18:17:41 PST 2003

> Jerry> I want to search for a switch option, but I can't because the
> Jerry> damned hyphen is bolded.
>
> That sounds really strange.  The face of the character should be
> totally irrelevant for the purpose of searching, and it is for me
> (Debian woody, GNU Emacs 21.3).

Okay, retesting it's not the bold, it's specifically that the hypen in the
man page is not a f'n hypen (ascii hex 2d), but for some reason hexl-mode
shows mea b2, which is an extended ascii for a superscript 2.  It displays
as a hyphen though.

Huh?  b2 and not a hyphen?  What is going on?

Thanks,

Jerry