[buug] e-smith.org

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Fri Feb 21 10:15:55 PST 2003

Nick Jennings said:
> I have never heard of this distro before, but I would be interested to
> know what it brings to the table. Seems at first glance to just be
> another Linux Distro focused on server operations.

The appeal for me is that you can manage all of the services through a web
interface.  It seems like an open-source version of a Cobalt Cube - you
can get in through the shell if you want to, but the majority of the
interfaces are managed through the web.

I'm going to setup a box for a departmental email, FTP, web, file server,
etc.  I'll be the only IT guy, and I'll need something simple that I could
train a non-IT person to use while I go on vacation.  A Cube would be
perfect, but it costs money.  This seems free (I could run it on a spare
desktop) and get the same benefits.

brian

--
Brian Sobolak