[buug] Intresting problem with FREEBSD and Sendmail

Romero, Manuel ManuelR at GMHC.org
Wed Jul 2 10:15:53 PDT 2003

Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am new the FreeBSD world. I
work for a non-for profit, and we have the following configuration

FreeBSD 3.3-19991117-STABLE

 We are using FreeBSD as a firewall /Proxy/email relay/Internal DNS server.
We currently use Microsoft Exchange server 5.5 as our email server.  My
problem is the following I am trying to install a new email server with a
different IP address.

When I check the /etc/mail/mailertable.txt it is currently pointing to a non
existent server IP address.

However we are getting mail to our current exchange server that as a totally
different IP address that what is referenced in the mailtable.txt file.

How is this possible? Can anyone give me any ideas as to where I can find
the correct reference to our email server?

A million thanks in advance!

Manuel A. Romero

(Tel)  212-367-1490

(Fax) 212-367-1546

manuelr at gmhc.org <mailto:manuelr at gmhc.org>

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.