[buug] Trying to help FreeBSD and WAcom drivers, need help!

Patrick Soltani psoltani at ultradns.com
Wed Jul 23 17:26:34 PDT 2003

Hi,

In FreeBSD, when you install something from the ports, you can find the downloaded files at /usr/ports/distfiles
If you just need some header files, then untar/unzip the file and take what you need.

If you installed from the ports, depending on how you issued the arguments to "make" you'd get different results.

When you are in the port directory for the software you want to install, e.g., /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4, just type "make all", this in effect will create a directory called "work", e.g /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4/work, in which all the header files, obj files, etc are kept.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.