[buug] tired of redhat, and i want something new to play with

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Sun May 4 01:22:21 PDT 2003

On Sun, 4 May 2003, mikron wrote:

> 2) How much of a learning curve is there for freebsd coming from a
> linux environment?

very little. the main thing to remember is that it's not linux, and it is
a bit different. think of it as a stripped down linux.

> 3) How widespread is *bsd or debian in the corporate world?  besides
> yahoo, anyone else use bsd?

well, NTT does. there's a good install base all over.

> 4) In 50 words or less, why you use debian(or freebsd).

FreeBSD
mostly because it's stable as fuck all, and rarely has issues. it's not
perfect, but it works, consistently.

how's that?

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan at caustic.org
	"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for
	  my sham friends." -- Tom Waits