[buug] Re: Reply-To:

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Nov 14 01:59:43 PST 2003

Quoting Michael Paoli (michael1cat at yahoo.com):

> reply to....

Michael --

I'm minutely familiar with the uses of that header.  What I'm afraid I
don't understand is the point of your post -- especially in the context
of the preceding discussion.

> nick at zork.net (Nick Moffitt) wrote:
> >         And that's why individual reply is separate from group reply.
> > The whole point of the no-munging argument is so that skip can do
> > precisely what he did without interfering with the path of list
> > replies (or being interfered with thereby).
>
> Quoted from RFC #  822:

Sadly outdated, and thus unable to properly speak to best practices on
one-to-many media such as mailing lists.

RFC 2822 (standards track) aims to update RFC 822 to current standards,
and _is in general heeded_ as embodying best practices despite its still
being, in theory, stuck in IETF's approval process.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html

--
Cheers,                             * Contributing Editor, Linux Gazette *
Rick Moen                       -*- See the Linux Gazette in its new home: -*-