[buug] routing

johnd john at jjdev.com
Mon Nov 17 08:27:00 PST 2003

I have  box a that needs to get to box c through box b

so box a sets a static route to box c using box b as as gateway

the problem

box a needs to get to port 443 on box c but can only get to
box b (the gateway) on 7001

is there a way I can set this up?

I don't know if this matters but:

box a is a appserver running Solaris, box b is a linux box, and box c
is a third party web server

box a is behind two firewalls, and box b is in the 'DMZ'

my fall back plan is to use squid and run it on port 7001...
--Henry Spencer (Usenet signature, November 1987)